Row to Fitness for Adults & Youth
An Indoor training program that involves rowing machines as well as general Plyometric training. This course taught by John Leonard, 34 year rowing coach at junior and adult levels, will give you a full body - low impact workout that will help gain more fitness and lose excess pounds. No workout is the same and each will challenge you mentally and physically!
The rowing workouts you will experience on the machines will teach you the proper technique of the actual rowing stroke, a full body, low joint-stress workout. Those that wish to continue on in the Spring and Summer and wish to learn and experience rowing in a shells out on the water will have developed the natural movement needed and will transition quickly and easily to the water.
No rowing experience needed or specialized equipment, just a healthy attitude and a desire to work hard.
Separate classes for Adults of all ages and for Youths ages 12-18.
- Instructor: John Leonard of Great River Rowing
- 6 week Adult Program is held on Monday and Wednesday from 6:00 to 7:15
- 6 week Youth Program is held on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 3:30 to 5:30
- Classes held at Taylor Made Fitness, 514 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT
- Cost: Adult program $100; Youth program $150
- In the event of inclement weather, the cancellation decision will be made by Great River Rowing in a timely manner.
- Cancellation Information will be posted on MilfordRecreation.com
- If the program is canceled an email and/or text message will be sent to all registered participants.
- Please be sure to update your Household Account with your current contact information and that you opt to receive cancellation information.