The Milford Recreation Department announces that it will begin taking team registration for its 2018 USA Softball Adult Softball Leagues on February 1, 2018 at MilfordRecreation.com
and in person at the Milford Recreation Department. Only submission of all registration fees shall reserve a spot.
Registration is on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS to Milford teams and will conclude on
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 or when league limits are met. Registration is for Milford Resident or
Milford-based Industrial teams only (see eligibility exceptions below).
THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR MEN'S OVER 35 IN FEBRUARY 15.
These leagues are open to teams comprised of Milford Residents or Real Estate Taxpayers only, All participants must have proof of eligibility on their person at all times. Eligibility spot checks may be done.
A. Industrial Teams – All members of the team must work full time in Milford for the Milford Based Company (e.g. OSDA, Subway, City of Milford) for which they work. The company’s personnel official must submit a Notarized Employer Statement to verify employment. Industrial Teams cannot be combined with non-employee Milford residents.
B. Former Resident Grandfather Clause – Former primary residents who grew up and lived in Milford and went through grammar school and high school while living in Milford OR who as an adult lived in Milford for a minimum of 10 years before moving out of town. (Maximum of 6 players per team, who must submit a former resident affidavit form)
C. Men’s Senior’s – Teams and/or individuals may be residents and/or non-residents, in order to provide a league.
D. Men’s Tournament (Supplied Composite Bat League) - Teams and/or individuals may be residents and/or non-residents, in order to provide a league. See special note above. Milford Residents playing in this league may also play in any other league they are eligible for within the City of Milford.
E. Men’s/ Women's Over-35 Master’s - Teams must be resident based, up to four non-residents permitted per team.
All teams are responsible for the following league fees at the time of registration and associated costs as required during the season. The entry fee and CT ASA fee are due at registration and will secure your spot in the league.
• Entry Fee & USA Softball Fee $250.00 per team – payable to City of Milford (2 separate checks $200/$50)
• Entry Fee & USA Softball Fee (Master's Division Only) $150.00 per team – payable to City of Milford (2 separate checks $100/$50)
• Former Resident Grandfather Fee (if applicable) $50.00 per player (max 6) – payable to Milford Recreation Dept
Cash day of Game:
• Umpire Fee (2 man) $35.00 per team / per game – payable in cash at game time
• Umpire Fee (1 man) $50.00/ $25.00 per team / per game - payable in cash at game time
• Bases: Each team must have a set of thrown down bases including a safety first base ( 11 v 11 and Seniors Only: Strike Zone Mat)
• Balls: Each team must supply one new ball per game (see specifics)
• Bats: Each team must provide their own bats (Exception: Open Tournament Leagues)
League Director Patrick Austin 203.783.3390 firstname.lastname@example.org